Showing all 3 results
750-780 Series Polyester primers already contain cobalt accelerator making mixing quicker and easier. Simply add 1-2% Catalyst then Solvent. Faster version do have reduced shelf life and pot life once mixed.
750-774 Styrene Primer come in 3 different primer styles each available in 2 different cure speeds Overnight & Fast
- 750 Standard Cure Ideally suit to “full face” priming. Excellent for “Scraping Method” on routed doors. Reduced top coat sink back guaranteed – ideal under Gloss
- 751 is a faster cure version of 750. Both 750/751 are heat responsive and are suitable to bake cure.
- 766 Standard Cure is a more viscous primer and easier sanding. Usually used on shaker doors or when only edges are primed.
- 761 is a faster cure version of 766. Both 766/761 are heat responsive and are suitable to bake cure.
- 774 Standard Cure is a great all round primer can be applied to give a very smooth flat finish reducing sanding ideal for “full face” priming routed panels. Minimum sink back, excellent with all gloss level top coats. 774 is less affected by poor/wet weather conditions which can impede polyester curing.
- 771 is a faster cure version of 774.
Faster version do have reduced shelf life and pot life once mixed
New 780 Styrene Free Polyester Primer – Still uses 750-780 Part B Catalyst
- No Styrene Odour which can be very unpleasant to some staff or Neighbours
- Long Pot Life over 2 hours but will easily cure overnight
Part B Catalyst for 750-780 Series P.E.Primers 750,751,766,761,774,771 &780
Usage Mix 1-2% of the Part B Catalyst by Volume i.e. 10-20mL per 1Litre of Part A
Safety Note; Part B catalyst is very dangerous to eyes and precautions and protection should be used. Part B Catalyst would never be premixed with Cobalt Accelerator as they will combust if mixed together. If Cobalt Accelerator is used it should be added and thoroughly mixed into the Part A first then Part B can be added separately.
750-780 Series P.E. Cobalt Accelerator
Usage Mix 0.5-1.5% of the Part C Cobalt Accelerator by Volume i.e. 5 to 15mL per 1Litre of Part A
Safety Note; Cobalt Accelerator should never be premixed with Part B catalyst as they will instantly combust (catch on fire). Cobalt Accelerator is used at between 5mL to 15mL per Litre of Part A (10mL is a popular amount ) it should be added and thoroughly mixed into the Part A first then Part B Catalyst can be added separately. Cobalt rapidly accelerates the curing of Polyester Primer but it also equally decreases the pot life. Care and small volume should only be mixed until the user is aware of the affect this accelerator has on the product.